Published on October 8th, 2013 | by Flavia Santibañez0
Kansas City Computer Shop Saves The Day: Velocity Computer Tech Review
Computer, Computers, Computers… what would we do without them? We use them on a daily, yet we know so little about them. Good thing I got friends in not so low places that can help me out. Kansas City’s premier computer shop, Velocity Computer Tech, handles everything from language settings to Hard drive crashes… its not always easy to tell when its going to fail before it does, but there are some signs to look for so if you don’t back up your data regularly, you can do so before losing everything.
1. Really slow access times- It shouldn’t take half an hour to open a folder in Windows Explorer, or two hours to empty the trash.
2. Computer crashes- Does your computer regularly “blue-screen” or suddenly reboot? Does it crash often, especially when booting your operating system? If your computer is crashing, especially at times when the computers is accessing files its a sign!!
3. Stops recognizing your drive- This may seem obvious, but if your computer no longer recognizes your drive chances are there’s a problem with it, not the computer. Test it in a friend’s computer and see if your hard drive is recognized by another computer.
4. disappearing data & disk errors- Computer won’t let you save a document? Or you’re sure that you had a file on your desktop yesterday that’s nowhere to be seen today? Programs that always worked suddenly stop working, asking where a file it depends on is stored?
5. strange noises- Sometimes hearing strange grinding and thrashing noises means your drive is beyond repair—for instance, if you’ve had a head crash, it very often is. If you’re hearing strange noises then act very, very quickly—you probably don’t have much time.
” I will recommend Velocity to all my friends and family, They’re great!” -Jean R.
Jean R.’s Hard drive crashed, and she did what anyone that loves their computer would, she took it to Velocity Computer Tech. Jean was very pleased with the timeliness of the process, the friendliness of the staff and how customer oriented the business is. Her data was recuperated and that beautiful smile plastered back on her face, because her work was not lost, not today.
Jean did not see the early signs of a crashing hard drive, so be on the lookout and get to Velocity As soon as you can to get everything backed up.
Helping you save your data, your Kansas City Blog.